CBD has plenty of benefits for people, but did you know about the advantages for pets? The popular hemp extract interacts with the endocannabinoid system in all mammals, which is why it may help your anxiety and reduce stressful events for your dog, too. You don’t want to give your pet products developed for people. An easy option is to buy an extract formulated for animals and make CBD oil dog treats. With the right tools and a premium concentration, pet owners can bake hemp oil dog treats their pups will love.
Table of Contents
Why Make Homemade CBD Oil Dog Treats?
Baking hemp oil dog treats for your pup is a great way to do something special for them that may improve their overall wellness. When you make the snacks yourself using a full bottle of CBD, you’ll get more treats, saving money. Also, you get more variety to make different types of snacks, like some of the ones we’ve provided below.
How Safe are Hemp Dog Treats?
CBD is as safe for dogs as it is for people. But not all brands have the same quality hemp oil. Choose a company you trust. Review the certificate of analysis or COA of all products before you buy. Ensure the hemp is grown in the U.S. The roots of the plant are strong and absorb nutrients and any contaminants in the land. Hemp cultivated in other countries might contain dangerous pollutants.
Only use CBD oil formulated for dogs. Hemp extracts developed for people is a higher potency. Although too much CBD isn’t deadly and there are no known dangerous side effects, too much will leave your pet extremely lethargic and may need veterinary care.
Almond Butter CBD Dog Treats
Almond butter is an easy way to give your pup hemp extract. Give them a teaspoon or two without wondering if they received the entire dose. The serving size is based on weight. Check with the product’s label to get the exact dosing information.
Servings: 40 treats
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup all-natural creamy, almond butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup CBD oil formulated for dogs
Cookie or dog treat molds
- Add all ingredients into a medium saucepan.
- Heat the mixture on medium until well-blended.
- Pour the blend into the dog treat molds
- Freeze for two to four hours or until solid.
- Store in an air-sealed container for up to two weeks.
Peanut Butter CBD Cookies
If your pup’s more of a peanut butter fan than almond butter, this recipe should keep them coming back for more. Many dogs young and old love this creamy treat. Now you can mix it into a cookie made especially for them.
Servings: 30 one-inch treats or 15 two-inch treats
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 tablespoon of American Hemp Oil for dogs (or more to reach the desired dose)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (You don’t want to heat CBD higher than 350 degrees, it will degrade the compound)
- Mix the coconut oil and CBD tincture together in a bowl.
- Add the CBD and coconut oil mixture to a blender and mix until it turns to a flower-like texture.
- Add the mashed banana and peanut butter to the mix from the blender.
- Knead the ingredients until fully moist.
- Add a little flour to a flat surface and shape the dough into a 1/4-inch thick circle.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes for the dog treats or cut them into squares.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store unused cookies in an airtight container in a cool, dry location for seven to ten days.
If you want to try hemp oil for your pup before making homemade CBD dog treats, try American Hemp Oil 600mg CBD oil for pets. It’s infused with hemp seed oil to boost the benefits by adding more nutrients. The tincture also offers a yummy bacon flavor your pup will love. You can add a few drops in their mouth once or twice daily and know their getting a full dose every time.